Why choose Hotwix soy candles
- Soy wax is 100% Biodegradable
- I use only 100% cotton wicks
- Soy wax is a sustainable resource
- Cleaner burning – leaving less residue
- Spills clean up with hot soapy water
- Soy wax releases fragrance naturally, eliminating the need to add chemicals
- I use only premium oils & fragrances
- Soy candles burn up to 50% longer than paraffin candles
How much will my Hotwix soy candle smell?
There are a number of factors which will affect the degree in which your chosen candle scent will permeate the air, including the specific fragrances (some fragrances are just stronger than others), room conditions, flame size & the amount of time you have been exposed to the fragrance (our nose becomes used to the fragrance)
Hotwix Soy candle care – achieving the optimum burn
- Keep wick trimmed to 5mm long
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Never burn candle in a draught. This will create an uneven burn
- Occasionally rotate the candle – this will assist in an even burn
- Burn candle each time for at least as long as it takes for melt pool to reach the edges of the container.
- Always use a wick dipper to extinguish the candle to avoid wax splashing when blowing out the candle.
What effects the burn of my Hotwix soy candle?
Room climate; cool wax burns longer than warm wax, colour & fragrance load, wick size & candle diameter.
What if my Hotwix soy candle is smoking?
As carbon must be produced as a by – product of fire there will be some smoke, but if your candle is smoking
excessively try trimming the wick and removing any debris from the melt pool & the try relighting
Hand poured locally by Jennie Webster in Forster – Tuncurry