Combining a specific selection of 100% pure essential oils, this essential oil blend is designed to purify the air and prevent the spread of harmful airborne bacteria, whilst energising those who are feeling weak and exhausted. When diffused or diluted and applied topically, each essential oil within AWO’s Defend Essential Oil Blend works together to protect and support the immune system whilst reducing typical cold and flu-like symptoms.
Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis)
Within this essential oil blend, Rosemary Oil works to open the lungs and nasal passages by breaking down mucus. Because it naturally contains a high percentage of 1,8-Cineole, Rosemary Essential Oil is effective in killing viruses and bacteria.
Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
Lavender Essential Oil is primarily known to have a calmative and relaxing effect on the body. The Lavender Oil within this essential oil blend works to calm the mind and body whilst releasing stress and other feelings that can bring about physical fatigue and exhaustion.
Clove Bud Essential Oil (Eugenia caryophyllata)
Multiple scientific studies have found antimicrobial and antiseptic activity within Clove Bud Essential Oil and because of this, along with its dominating constituent ‘eugenol’, Clove Bud Essential Oil is known to kill harmful bacteria and fungi. In addition, Clove Bud Essential Oil has also been seen to relieve respiratory related conditions such as coughs, influenza, and pneumonia.
Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin)
In aromatherapy, Patchouli Essential Oil is known to be one of the best essential oils for immunity; in fact, it is commonly used to ease regular cold and flu symptoms such as headaches, earaches, and stomach pains.
Clary Sage Essential Oil (Salvia sclarea)
Clary Sage Essential Oil is primarily known for its antibacterial properties and for this reason, it is frequently used to boost the immune system. Clary Sage Essential Oil has also been used as a natural antidepressant and can alleviate those feelings of stress and exhaustion that are commonly experienced when fighting a cold.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
Because of the limonene content within Sweet Orange Essential Oil, it has become one of the most popular essential oils for immunity. Within AWO’s Immunity Essential Oil Blend, Sweet Orange Essential Oil not only works to fight and prevent illness, it has also been seen to support immunity.
Eucalyptus Blue Gum Essential Oil (Eucalyptus globulus)
The high 1,8-cineole content (also known as eucalyptol) within Eucalyptus Essential Oil is known to contain antiviral and antimicrobial properties and because of this, Eucalyptus Essential Oils have historically been used to fight colds, flu’s, viruses, and respiratory related illnesses.
Directions for use
- If you are feeling unwell or are simply wanting to boost the immune system to prevent colds and flu’s, add a few drops of AWO’s Defend Essential Oil Blend to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
- AWO’s Defend Essential Oil Blend is known to protect the body against unwanted illness and is therefore the perfect essential oil to have on-hand and ready to diffuse, especially during those colder months.
- You can also experience the decongesting and uplifting benefits of AWO’s Defend Essential Oil Blend by diluting a few drops into a carrier oil of choice (we recommend Fractionated Coconut Oil), adding this dilution to a glass roller bottle, and applying to your pulse points (temples, wrists, behind the ears and on the soles of the feet). It is the perfect formulation to keep on hand, particularly when you are feeling a little under the weather.
Essential Oil Safety
- Essential Oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Essential Oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential Oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin). Our recommended dilution percentages can be found under the ‘Directions for Use’ section.
Disclaimer: Whilst research evidence suggests that essential oils can assist with colds and flu’s, results do vary depending on individual circumstances and that is why we always recommend seeking professional advice regarding physical and mental health concerns.
There are no reviews yet.