100% Pure and Natural Essential Oil Blend for Sleep
The calming and gentle essence of AWO’s Slumber Essential Oil blend is designed to encourage a peaceful and restorative night’s sleep. Formulated right here in Australia, containing 100% Pure and natural Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Lavender, Lavandin, Frankincense and Chamomile Essential Oils (oils that are known to be fantastic essential oils for sleep), this aromatic blend is deeply soothing and aims to bring serenity whilst calming the mind to help you find a restful slumber.
When combined, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Lavender, Lavandin, Frankincense and Chamomile essential oils not only provide an aroma that can be described as lightly woody and well-balanced; from an aromatherapy perspective, these oils are known to be fantastic essential oils for sleep, as they work together to quieten the brain and nervous system. Because of this, AWO’s Slumber Essential Oil blend has been seen to help those who suffer from poor sleep and insomnia. Others have found it to be a blessing on nights where stress levels are high, and sleep is difficult.
*Flammable Liquid: Road transport only. International shipping not available on this item.
Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil (Cedrus atlantica)
Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil has its origins in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco and is renowned for its strengthening and fortifying properties. It’s intense woody, earthy aroma can help ground the body and mind.
Sandalwood Essential Oil (Santalum spicatum)
With its deeply earthy, somewhat wood tones laced with subtle balsamic notes, Sandalwood Essential Oil boasts natural calming properties. Alpha santalol, a naturally occurring compound found in this oil is known to be beneficial for physical and mental wellbeing.
Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
Thorough scientific research has shown that Lavender Essential Oil has an incredible natural calming effect on the brain and central nervous system; this is because of the active constituents Linalool, Pinene and Cineol. In fact, in aromatherapy, Lavender Oil is known to be one of the best essential oils for sleep.
Lavandin Essential Oil (Lavandula hybrid var. grosso)
Lavandin Grosso Essential Oil contains natural sedative, calmative and rejuvenating properties and because of this, it is known to be one of the most popular essential oils for sleep.
Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia carterii)
Carrying an earthy and slightly sweet aroma that is mingled with spicy, fruity undertones, Frankincense Oil is best known for its ability to clear and focus the mind, making it one of the best essential oils for meditation. In addition to its pleasantly balanced aroma, the benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil are incredibly versatile, perhaps this is why it is one of our most popular essential oils.
Chamomile Essential Oil (Anthemis nobilis)
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil is primarily known for its calming, soothing and relaxing properties and for this reason, it is a fantastic essential oil for sleep.
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser or electric vaporiser and diffuse for approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to sleep.
- Topical Roll On: You can receive the benefits of Slumber by diluting this essential oil blend into a preferred carrier oil (we recommend Fractionated Coconut Oil), add this dilution to a roller bottle and apply to your pulse points (temples, wrists, behind the ears and on the soles of the feet). Many have found this essential oil to be particularly useful when travelling.
- Massage: You can also create a soothing massage oil, simply dilute your Slumber Essential Oil Blend into one of our base massage oils.
- Skin Serum: Add a few drops to a carrier oil of choice, we recommend Jojoba Oil or Rosehip Oil as these carrier oils are known for their skin benefits. Once diluted gently apply to desired areas and let the oil absorb into the skin.
- Bath: Add a few drops to a warm bath to soothe the body.
- Foot Spa: To relax sore feet add a few drops of Slumber Essential Oil to a pool of warm water before soaking the feet.
- On The Go: Add 4 – 6 drops of Slumber Essential Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go calming roller blend.
- Cleansing Shower: Add a drop to each corner of the shower, the aroma will rise with the steam to create a soothing and restorative atmosphere.
- Fast Remedy: Add 1 – 2 drops of Slumber Essential Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with the skin.
- Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 2 – 4% dilution (4 – 8 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1 – 2% dilution (2 – 4 drops per 10ml)
Essential Oil Safety
- Essential Oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Essential Oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential Oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin). Our recommended dilution percentages can be found under the ‘Directions for Use’ section.
Disclaimer: Whilst research evidence suggests that essential oils can assist with sleep, results do vary depending on individual circumstances and that is why we always recommend seeking professional advice regarding physical and mental health concerns.
There are no reviews yet.